Saturday, August 23, 2014

Today's Estate Sale Finds - Pasadena

We woke up super early for this one.  Good thing because we were about 42nd in line.  I heard the first guy got there @ 2AM!!!
I had my eye on some Pyrex & MDH had his eyes on a few things.  He missed out on the top hat he wanted.  It was gone in less than 5 minutes.  They were asking way too much for the other things he liked.  $35 for a lunch box and $950 for the Fresnal light!   Crazy.  The Christmas blow molds also went super fast but I wasn't too upset.
I got what I went for...the Pyrex. And the prices were great:)  I've been needing another cake pan.  I have a pink one already and I only see pink ones at the thrift.  I wanted another color...  Any color but pink.  I have a bunch of pink Pyrex.
We were the second group to go in, only about five minutes after the first group.  MDH went his way & I went straight for the kitchen & grabbed these...


I didn't have the lime green 209 pie plate...


Or the 232... It's 2 qt & a good size for us.


And the 221 for cakes:)


Good thing I started to rearrange my shelf last week.
I can't figure out where to put the pie plates.


There was not much on the Christmas table, but I think we got most of the good stuff.
Like this Santa head.  He has a pull cord, but it doesn't work.  I'm guessing it used to play a tune...


Some Shiny Brites...


In the box...




Some super cute retro gift tags...


I love the donkey...


A few honeycomb tags...


A bag of tiny bottle brush trees...


An Avon bottle...


The biggest ceramic tree I have ever seen.  It's 3 pieces & 24" tall.  It has the bulbs, we just took them all out for transport so we wouldn't lose them.  I have a nice collection of them now, and this is the biggest one.  There were two & now we wish that we would have gotten them both...


And some string lights wrap up the Christmas finds...


I found an aluminum juicer to add to the peg board...


A butter dish...
Someone else grabbed the matching canisters before I could.


A holder for my brooms & mops:)


And a first aid tin to keep in my car...



All MDH found was a cool old bell & plans to make a rock chain to hang it from...


And a really nice flag.  It doesn't look like it was ever used.  Dated 1984...


What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment